Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bread and Butter

It always makes me feel older or a sign of aging when I am out working, earning my own pocket money to settle my expenses and ensuring that my parents worry less as I become more independent. I am growing up, and technically, older.

God, I am a working adult!

Although childhood does not seem too far fetched from my memory, I don't really see myself as a kid anymore. Actually not at all. I am making my own decisions, occasionally seeking my parents' advice and maybe certain parental permissions.
I know I got to be independent and live my own life. I am also getting more used to taking care of family's affairs, taking care of Mom and Dad and my sister's welfare as best as I possibly can.
As far as I am concerned, my grandparents are my focus points as well, occasionally running errands and helping out not out of duty, but of love.
I love my family very much.

And so, besides enjoying the freedom I have for this long break, I should make myself more useful by having some work experience outside - you know, the world outside my comfort zone.