Thursday, June 13, 2013

You are not ugly.

I think it is good to recognize that you have weaknesses and moments of inadequacies. Acknowledging them is one thing but wallowing in them is another. I am currently struck by how one can wallow so much in self-pity from unfortunate events which I can understand, but link all that to personal physical attributes? Like what???

For example,

"My dog died... I am so sad... Sigh my exam is on my birthday... how depressing. I am down with a flu virus... must be the person who sneezed on me in the bus. Ahhh I hate my arms... So fat!!! My diet fails all the time. Sighhh why my legs so short... Omg I'm so sad and hungry I'm gonna die."

Next time when somebody goes on and on about how sad he or she is, so much so that it becomes a little ridiculous, tell the person to STOP IT. No kidding. You got to be truthful. And I believe that your friend will thank you for that.