Tuesday, January 7, 2014

When my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the ROCK that is higher than I.

Ever since 2014 started, nothing good happened.

So many friends I know are either injured, sick or suffered some kind of loss.

Ting fell off the bike on Thursday, suffered many superficial cuts and grazes. Worst ones on her face. Her upper teeth got misaligned and because she wore braces, her lips got cut terribly. When she took a photo of her face to show me, I teared. Not that I haven't seen worse cases, but because she was my friend, I was heartbroken. Thoughts and prayers are with her ever since... Right now, she is still traumatised and afraid of bikes. Sigh.

Odelia fell down while cycling on Monday, also suffered a couple of superficial wounds on her legs and hand. Currently in pain when she walks. My heart really goes out to her... Praying that the wounds will close and she will feel better soon.

But one thing I am glad, that these two friends of mine are positive people.

School started yesterday and a number of my friends including myself have fallen sick. Weather's been chilly and I probably caught a cold. Just wanna get better... Feeling so lethargic.

This morning, I received a text from a very good friend that her aunt passed on... So saddened by the news because her aunt is someone I know. Remembered in September last year, Emelia urgently texted me and asked me for a favor to do some kind of "music therapy" for her aunt who was suffering with cancer. Cancer is a really really terrible and scary thing... I can still vividly remember lugging my guitar to NUH, uncertain of how she looked like, what she would be like, would she turn me away or would she respond? Steps away, I identified her by the name above her bed. She was asleep. I quietly sat beside her. Moments later, I decided to gently tap her and introduce myself. Just in case I get strange stares by the nurses and neighbouring patients. She opened her eyes, stared blankly and was unresponsive to whatever I was saying. I had to repeat about 3-4 times before she acknowledged me. Thank God... Slowly I questioned her and interacted with her as best as I know how since I wasn't some professional counselor or psychologist. As she got a little more comfortable with me around, I asked if she would like to listen to some songs or hymns that I have prepared. I was hoping she would sing along. Emelia told me to try to get her to eat something. Ok, so I asked. She said ok. Thank God. I asked the nurse for a cup of Milo and as I brought it near to her, she almost shoved it away. She refused. I was stunned for a moment. Trying to be careful not to spill the cup of Milo over and trying to calm her down at the same time. Finally, I managed to coax her into having one sip of the Milo. She exclaimed, "So hot! How to drink!" I was a little frightened then but continued to talk to her about other things. Showed her photos of Emelia and that brought a little smile on her face. I genuinely enjoyed my time with her that afternoon... I am thankful that she is now in a safer place, a place that there's freedom, joy and no pain. And one day, I'll meet her... :')