Sunday, September 20, 2009

And if i search all the world, I will never find a love like Yours.

This is my life experience.
Sometimes you can't see God's hand, He's telling you, Come and find My Heart.
Life's tribulations, are they merely coincidental? i say not.
I believe God is the One who set all this up, prepared for this situation to befall upon me, to build up my faith. God allows bad things to happen to put a steel on your back to make you stronger, to stand firm.
When things happen in the most unexpected circumstances, you feel angry, disappointed and burdened, don't complain, but move in the power of faith.
I have learnt to build my life on three things:
Gift, Strength and Revelation.
Gift refers to spiritual grace.
Ting once told me that i have the gift of mercy and compassion.
and i didn't really thought how precious that Gift was. Now i know.
I will treasure that Gift and use it wisely.
Strength means natural abilities and talents!
everyone has a strength. if you don't know, you simply haven't discover it yet!
and if you know your strength, unleash it and impact the world with it!
Revelation means what God has spoken to you.
It's the Calling.
Mine was pretty significant.
It was the calling for me to go to JJC.
strange?
I put first choice, and i got it.
I tried for Council, and i got in.
I tried for Choir, and i am in.
defnitely not a coincidence.
and to think of it, i am actually developing my potential.
i was in girl guides in secondary school and held a rank to lead and guide people.
now that i'm in council, i'm actually further sharpening myself to improve and be a better leader.
as for choir, i'm working on my strength, and that's singing.
Really, i am amazed by how God can transform me into the person i am today.
the achievements and confidence i have gained in this school is tremendous and i know it's really a blessing because if maybe, i scored better and enter into a better college in terms of an academically stronger and highly reputable school, i wouldn't be the person you know.
and i'm not talking about the measurable achievements, but something greater than that!
Truly, in times of crisis, God wants you to fixed your eyes on Him.
And not on your problems.
I am extremely thankful and grateful for God's mercy upon my life.
It's because of His Mercy, I can then be merciful.
yesterday's service was phenomenal!
hot tears streamed down my cheeks, over and over again when i got touched by His presence and His love. The feeling is so tangible.
Some say, "There's no such thing as a God!" "You must be mad!" "It's just another religion!"
Firstly, it's because you haven't actually experience the powerful and true touch from God in His House, that's the reason why you doubt.
But i tell you, His love is so great, so great, even greater than every problem in this world!
That's why Christians pray alot, we seek refuge in Him and cast everything on Him.
We yearn to follow the character traits of Jesus of forgiveness, humility, kindness and selflessness.
And no, Christianity is not a religion. It's a relationship.
I thank God for this path He has created for me.
One that is narrow and one that is difficult to walk.
But when i have stood the test, the Glory of God will be revealed!
a big shout of Amen to that!
Life especially in Singapore is incredibly fast-paced.
When was the last time you had some quiet time, some peaceful moments to listen attentively to the birds singing outside your window?
And when was the last time you could take a stroll by the park to admire God's work of nature?
Simplicities in life that most failed to capture.
this is a good reflection moment for me too.