Thursday, July 8, 2010

Young or old, Big or small, we all dream dreams.

We are running out of everything, it seems, and so we worry. But worrying does nothing, it doesn't work.

Receiving results for our Common Tests this week gave me a funny feeling. Not the (HAHAHA) feeling. But a strange one. It made me realise how badly I wanted to do well for my Alevels. And how it seemingly motivated me to press on towards my goals.
I am, thankfully, unalarmed of the results I got because I kind of expected and knew the outcome that I will have to deal with. But as much as I remain unaffected, a big part of me know that I could have done better. So, I will sieve out all my common mistakes and grasp the concepts that I didn't handle well and I will and I will, do better for Prelims! (I am quite excited!)

Today, Rachel told me something that she wrote in her diary (secondary school days), "I will love animals, regardless of whether they are ugly."
Haha I thought that this was pretty hilarious but as simplified as it is, it makes a lot of sense and it is something what a true activist for the wildlife will say!
The world needs more young people to speak with such conviction on how they can contribute or play a part in making this planet a more beautiful home to live in.
They just need some encouragement and assurance that the little things they are doing now (Such as reducing the use of plastic bags etc), are that of worth and value.
So personally, besides being an activist for the environment, I urge everybody to join hands to MAKE A CHANGE.